When cutting with the fiber laser cutting machine, different cutting gases are selected according to the different materials of the cutting plates. The choice of gas and pressure has great influence on the quality of fiber laser cutting machine.
Influence of cutting gas and pressure on cutting quality
1) The cutting gas is helpful to heat dissipation and combustion, blow off the molten stains, and thus obtain a better cutting section.
2) When the pressure of cutting gas is insufficient, the cutting quality will be affected as follows: molten stains will be generated during cutting, and the cutting speed cannot meet the requirements, which will affect the production efficiency.
3) When the pressure of cutting gas is too high, the impact on cutting quality: the cutting surface is rough and the cutting seam is wide; At the same time, it will cause partial melting of the cutting section and fail to form a good cutting section.
Influence of cutting gas pressure on perforation
1) When the gas pressure is too low, the laser is not easy to penetrate and cut the plate, and the drilling time increases, resulting in low productivity.
2) When the gas pressure is too high, the penetration point will melt, forming a large melting point, thus affecting the cutting quality.
3) When laser drilling, generally high gas pressure is used for thin plate drilling, while specific drilling method is used for thick plate drilling to eliminate the adverse factors of low pressure on lens protection.
4) When the laser cutting machine cuts ordinary carbon steel, the thicker the material thickness, the lower the cutting gas pressure. When cutting stainless steel, the cutting gas pressure increases relatively with the thickness of the material. In short, the selection of cutting gas and pressure during laser cutting must be adjusted according to the actual situation. In specific applications, different cutting parameters need to be selected according to the specific situation.